International Kaiju Database
First Wave Subject Zero
“Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of worlds.”
Abilities and Attributes
- Intensely Radioactive. Godzilla is likened to a living cancer of the Earth, as everywhere he goes he brings death from his mere presence. Areas attacked, inhabited, or even traveled though by Godzilla remain radioactive for years.
- Extraordinary Healing Powers. Renders most forms of modern weaponry useless. In addition, it buffers his senses, so even grievous wounds hardly slow him down, as he hardly feels them.
- “Atomic Ray.” The most devastating attack Godzilla possesses. It is a discharge of the immense nuclear energies that flow within the creature, and its effect has been likened to a concentrated miniature nuclear bomb. In addition to the blast itself, it’s sheer heat warps and harms nearby buildings, people, ect.
- Intelligence. Godzilla displays far more cunning and intelligence than any normal animal. He has also been noted to seemingly remember old tactics used against him, enemies, and even people.
- Amphibious. Possibly as a result of his mutation, Godzilla is naturally aquatic, even seemingly able to breathe in the depths.
Here is my first fully colored picture using Photoshop. As such, it probably looks rough, but I'll continue working at it in order to keep getting better. Honestly, I probably should redraw the picture sometime too, but for now, I'm happy with this.
I've been working for years to hit on my own variation of the King of Monsters, as many people like to do. I mean, why wouldn't you, it's God-Freaking-Zilla. He has gone though many different changes, some looking slightly undeadish, to more armored, and the like. What has stayed, however, is a greater emphasis on more spiky protrusions on his body. Most importantly, however, was his spines. I always preferred the more jagged, irregular appearance of the original, and then his 2000 version. I dunno why, but it just seemed better to me that way. I tried to also give him a more hunched pose, also kind of like the 2000, but keep him mostly upright. While I like adding realism to things, I prefer Godzilla with bulk, a sense of a powerful, unstoppable force, probably trodding in your direction leisurely.
While I have drawn a new picture, given the relative popularity of this picture, I am keeping it for use as the Original Godzilla in my Kaiju universe. It's a bit involved, and I'll finish up grading stuff later.
Godzilla Property of Toho.